Translate

Tuesday 24 February 2015

Podcasts

So, today after a small update on how life is going, I'm going to talk about the recent introduction in my life that are podcasts, not entirely a new concept but new for me at least.

It all started for me with the Joe Rogan Experience, some of you who like me are fans of combat sports will be aware of Mr Rogan the colour commentator for the UFC in its peak period of growth, some of you older people may remember him from the 90'a sitcom News Radio, my own first experience was from his stand up comedy. 

I started listening to the show because I was bored one day and came across it looking to see if he was going to be doing a stand up tour in the UK, he wasn't but I came across the podcast videos, the first one I came across waa one with Joey Diaz, another incredibly funny stand up with one hell of a life, for those of you that aren't aware of him, I recommend listening to one of the podcasts and listen to him recount some of his stories. What I was to find was not just a comedy podcast but a podcast that had everything from discussions on psychedelics to political discussions, philosophy, the nature of humanity, fighters,  just about anything you could want torder know it's in there.

Now there are occasions where I want to shout and tell Joe to shut the fuck up and let his guests talk, but they always eventually get out what they are wanting to say. And because these people have said some interesting things about various subjects you want to hear more, which has lead to my listening to probably two dozen podcasts, from Daniele Bolleli's Drunken Taoist, Cara Santa Maria's Talk Nerdy, a numbet of the Earwolf, Nerdist amd Deathsquad networks' podcasts, everything I listen to informs my thoughts and how I approach evertything in life.

This had lead me to stop watching TV practically altogether, I'll now do what I did with only with Game of Thrones and wait for the whole series to finish and watch every episode in one or two sitings and because while listening to a podcast you can pop the headphones and get something else done at the same time, my productivity has shot through the roof. Where I would have to sit and watch for a couple hours every night what had been on the night before, I power through it, which is what was always great about Netflix, every episode of a series is right there to watch. I may be massively behind everyone else but so what I should be used to that by now. I now don'the even bother with music while I'm exercising anymore, I download a couple of podcasts on my phone and away I'll go, I used to unconsciously move at the rhythm of each song, which when every song has it's own throws you off, now I go at a  natural rhythm which is cool.

You may be asking why I even bother talking to you about this, well I like to share things that are new to me, and if me sharing my experiences cam lead someone else to a podcast that helps them in life or even they just get enjoyment out of , that'sounds me paying it forward and doing a little good, and if you keep doing a little good every day, then it makes life and the world better a little bit at a time.

That's enough from me for the day, so peace, love and all that good shit.


No comments:

Post a Comment