Translate

Monday 1 October 2012

Hello

How do folks

It's been a week or two since me last blog, I've been relitavely busy with the writing, even though my damn hand was useless for three days, I over did the writing and strained my hands muscles. I've been mapping out a Military Sci-fi series, which is based in the same 'verse as my Gabriel of Alba stories.

The short story in the Steampunk Anthology that's coming out on the 31st of this month, more details when it is coming out.

  I actually started with the middle book, which was meant to be the first book in the series, but I started doing back story for the main character and thought. Hmmm, why not start from the beginning of his journey to this point, and through that I added a number of details that made the original work a bit out of scew, and then went onto the second book, because I thought, I'm mapping out why not take it a bit further, keep on going until you've done book nine and then go all the way back to book one and write it but I've already added little bits and pieces that I know I'm not going to write into the books, thing is adding these little bits adds a little to each of the characters in my mind, which makes these characters even better, more real.

But I'm having to restrain myself from moving on to the next one because I've got this idea for it and this idea for it, I'm also having to completely keep my mind off the many ridiculous number of ideas I've got for series, I had a look recently and found 30 ideas for series, and I don't think that includes this one and the Gabriel of Alba. This got me into a scared shiteless position, how the hell am I at not even 30 ever going to finish a series if at this age I've got 30 ideas for series already, and I've only finished the first draft of one book from one series, how am I going to get through this.

So, what I've done to keep me on focus is draw some ships for the series, which as anyone who has ever seen any of my art must no it is very basic, very, very, very, very basic and kind of cack, but also I've kind of mapped out the part of the cosmos that the series is based, with little circles for the planets and importanr planets included, so I know this is how far away from where the main characters home is where they are and far away the bad guys homeworld is, course the distances and things like that are completely out of scope and scale but it's a nice thing to know that's where they are now, this is what part of the cosmos they're fighting in and it's helping but not when the brain shuts down for a couple hours.

But I'm having fun which is the most important thing.

Okay, going off maybe to get some sleep, maybe to do other things.




No comments:

Post a Comment